At serene we are very proud of our products but we also like to keep the trade informed of new developments and technology affecting out industry. This will be the first in a series of articles introducing our products and delving more deeply into their background and the technology behind them.
Serene’s comprehensive outdoor heating range offers world beating outdoor heating products with advanced features and a comprehensive 5-year replacement warranty. Our Range consists of 4 great products, including:
- The Shadow range – S6065 & S6066, these are the flagship models in our Outdoor Heating Range offer and advanced features including the unique ability to fully control the heater via Bluetooth from your smartphone & the latest ultra-low glare long life Infrared heating technology.
- Bluetooth App Controlled
- Inbuilt Bluetooth Timer
- Long Life Ultra-low Glare Infrared Lamp
- Double parabolic reflector
- Easy fit lamp changing system
- IP 65 Rated for use in all conditions
- The Sorrocco & Appollo Range – S6068 & S6069 , these heaters are a classic and versatile solution to heat both residential and commercial outdoor spaces. The powerful 1300-watt gold coated heat lamp combined with highly polished reflector produce maximum heat with minimum fuss. The “Sorroco” can be wall or pole mounted While the Appollo comes in a portable cage for easy transportation and versatility.
- Powerful long life Infrared heat lamp
- Easy to use and Install
- Safe and Environmentally Friendly - No emissions
- Crystal Safety Glass
- Classic Elegant Design
- IP54 rated for use in all conditions
Outdoor Electric Infrared Heating Explained
Serene Infrared Electric Radiant Heaters are likely to be the best choice, as not only are there no gas cylinders to order, store or change, but electric infrared outdoor heating is totally non-polluting and up to 90% cheaper than using gas.
Infrared heating is efficient and directional and because the Infrared warmth heats the person and not the surrounding cold air. It is 100% efficient and cost effective unlike polluting gas heating which heats the surrounding, air, is normally not directional and thus inefficient and costly to run.
Heating Lamp Technology Explained
Short wave infrared lamps are the only type suitable for commercial and domestic outdoor heating. Serene heaters use short wave emitter quartz lamps that last for 2000/3000 hours. Cheap Long and Medium wave heaters often sold by chain retailers as outdoor heaters are in fact only suitable for Indoor use as these lamps are ineffective outdoors and will only last a short time.
Serene short-wave halogen heat lamps consist of a tungsten filament heated by an electric current to a temperature of some 2200º c. At this temperature, most of the emission (95%) is in the short wave infra-red band. The moment Serene short-wave heaters are switched on, warmth is instantly apparent.
On all Serene Outdoor heaters, a red or gold coating encloses the halogen heat lamp to filter out the intense white light and provide a more aesthetically pleasing warm light and these ULG (Ultra Low Glare) gold lamps also reduce glare by 70%.
Features to look for:
- A high IP ratings are absolutely necessary for long efficient life in harsh hot, cold and dusty conditions Serene outdoor heaters are either IP65 or IP54
- Avoid cheap low-end copies of quartz outdoor heaters often sold in retail chains – the old adage “you get what you pay for” applies to most things in life including outdoor heating.
- Look for Serene’s 5-year full replacement warranties.
- Heaters where the heat lamp can be changed, all Serene Outdoor heaters can be re-lamped by the user in around 15 minutes.
Click here to have a look at our range in detail